Food and Talk
新概念英语第2册 · 第 40 课 · 中英文对照课文
▶ 点读 / 听力练习
- Lesson 40第40课
- Food and Talk饮食与交谈
- Was Mrs. Rumbold a good companion at dinner?兰博尔德夫人在晚餐时是个不错的交谈伙伴吗?
- Last week at a dinner party, the hostess asked me to sit next to Mrs. Rumbold.上周在一个晚宴上,女主人让我坐在兰博尔德夫人旁边。
- Mrs. Rumbold was a large, unsmiling lady in a tight black dress.兰博尔德太太身材高大,那位面无笑容的女士穿着一件紧身的黑色连衣裙。
- She did not even look up when I took my seat beside her.当我坐在她旁边时,她甚至都没有抬头看我一眼。
- Her eyes were fixed on her plate and in a short time, she was busy eating.她的目光紧紧盯着自己的盘子,不一会儿……她当时正忙着吃饭。
- I tried to make conversation.我试着和她交谈。
- 'A new play is coming to "The Globe" soon,'一部新剧很快将在“The Globe”剧院上演。
- I said. 'Will you be seeing it?'我说:“您会去看吗?”
- 'No,' she answered.“不,”她回答道。
- 'Will you be spending your holidays abroad this year?' I asked.“今年你打算在国外度过假期吗?”我问道。
- 'No,' she answered.“不,”她回答。
- 'Will you be staying in England?' I asked.“那你会留在英国吗?”我又问。
- 'No,' she answered.“不,”她回答。
- In despair, I asked her whether she was enjoying her dinner.我有些绝望,便问她晚餐吃得怎么样。
- 'Young man,' she answered,“年轻人,”她说道,
- 'if you ate more and talked less, we would both enjoy our dinner!'“如果你多吃点、少说点话,我们俩的晚餐都会更愉快!”