Taken for a Ride
新概念英语第2册 · 第 50 课 · 中英文对照课文
▶ 点读 / 听力练习
- Lesson 50第50课
- Taken for a RideTaken for a Ride
- Why did the writer not get off the bus at Woodford Green?为什么作者没有在伍德福德格林(Woodford Green)下车呢?
- I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way.我喜欢在乡村旅行。但我不喜欢迷路。
- I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.我最近去参加了一次短途旅行。但是我的旅行花费的时间比我预期的要长。
- 'I'm going to Woodford Green,'“我要去伍德福德格林。”
- I said to the conductor as I got on the bus,当我登上公交车时,我对售票员说:
- 'but I don't know where it is.'“但我不知道它在哪里。”
- 'I'll tell you where to get off.' answered the conductor.“我会告诉您在哪下车。”售票员回答道。
- I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.我坐在公交车的前排,以便能更好地欣赏乡村的景色。
- After some time, the bus stopped.过了一段时间,公交车停了下来。
- Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.环顾四周后,我震惊地发现自己是公交车上唯一剩下的乘客。
- 'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said. 'This is as far as we go.'“你得从这里下去。”售票员说:“我们就到这儿了。”
- 'Is this Woodford Green?' I asked.“这是伍德福德格林(Woodford Green)吗?”我问道。
- 'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly.“哦,天哪,”售票员突然说道。
- 'I forgot to put you off.'“我忘了让您下车。”
- 'It doesn't matter,' I said. 'I'll get off here.'“没关系,”我说,“我就在这儿下车。”
- 'We're going back now,' said the conductor.“我们现在要返回了,”售票员说。
- 'Well, in that case,“嗯,既然是这样的话,
- I prefer to stay on the bus,' I answered.“我更愿意待在公交车上,”我回答道。