Persistent
新概念英语第2册 · 第 68 课 · 中英文对照课文
▶ 点读 / 听力练习
- Lesson 68第68课
- Persistent持久的
- Why did Elizabeth tell Nigel that she was going to the dentist?为什么伊丽莎白告诉奈杰尔她要去看牙医?
- I crossed the street to avoid meeting him but he saw me and came running towards me.我穿过马路想避开他,但他看见了我,就朝我跑了过来。
- It was no use pretending that I had not seen him, so I waved to him.假装没看见他是没用的,所以我向他挥了挥手。
- I never enjoy meeting Nigel Dykes.我从来都不喜欢见到尼格尔·戴克斯。
- He never has anything to do.他总是无所事事。
- No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you.无论你有多忙,他总是坚持要跟着你。
- I had to think of a way of preventing him from following me around all morning.我得想办法阻止他一整个早上都跟着我。
- 'Hello, Nigel,' I said 'Fancy meeting you here!'“你好,尼格尔,”我说,“真没想到在这里遇见你!”
- 'Hi, Elizabeth,' Nigel answered. 'I was just wondering how to spend the morning--until I saw you.“嗨,伊丽莎白,”奈杰尔回答,“我正琢磨着怎么打发这个上午——直到看见了你。
- You're not busy doing anything, are you?'“你现在不忙,对吧?”
- 'No, not at all,' I answered. 'I'm going to...'“不忙,”我回答,“我正要去……”
- 'Would you mind my coming with you?' he asked, before I had finished speaking.“你介意我陪你一起去吗?”他还没等我说完就问了。
- 'Not at all,' I lied, 'but I'm going to the dentist.'“当然不介意,”我撒谎说,“不过我要去看牙医。
- 'Then I'll come with you,' he answered.“那我就跟你一起去,”他回答。
- 'There's always plenty to read in the waiting room!'“候诊室里总有好多东西可以看!”