The Last One
新概念英语第2册 · 第 78 课 · 中英文对照课文
▶ 点读 / 听力练习
- Lesson 78第78课
- The Last One最后一支吗?
- For how long did the writer give up smoking?作者戒烟坚持了多久?
- After reading an article entitled 'Cigarette Smoking and Your Health' I lit a cigarette to calm my nerves.在读完一篇题为《吸烟与健康》的文章后,我点燃了一支烟来缓解自己的紧张情绪。
- I smoked with concentration and pleasure as I was sure that this would be my last cigarette.我专注而愉悦地抽着这支烟,因为我知道这将是我的最后一支烟了。
- For a whole week I did not smoke at all and during this time my wife suffered terribly.整整一个星期里,我都没有抽烟;而在这期间,我的妻子却承受了极大的痛苦。
- I had all the usual symptoms of someone giving up smoking: a bad temper and an enormous appetite.我出现了所有典型的戒烟后症状:脾气变得暴躁,食欲变得异常旺盛。
- My friends kept on offering me cigarettes and cigars.我的朋友们一直不停地给我提供香烟和雪茄。
- They made no effort to hide their amusement whenever I produced a packet of sweets from my pocket.每当我从口袋里掏出一包糖果时,他们总是毫不掩饰自己的好笑。
- After seven days of this I went to a party.这样过了七天之后,我去参加了一个聚会。
- Everybody around me was smoking and I felt extremely uncomfortable.我周围的每个人都在抽烟,这让我感到非常不舒服。
- When my old friend Brian urged me to accept a cigarette, it was more than I could bear.当我的老朋友布莱恩坚持要我抽一支烟时,我真的再也无法忍受了。
- I took one guiltily, lit it and smoked with satisfaction.我带着一丝内疚感拿了一支烟,点燃它后,心满意足地抽了起来。
- My wife was delighted that things had returned to normal once more.我的妻子很高兴,因为一切终于恢复了正常。
- Anyway, as Brian pointed out, it is the easiest thing in the world to give up smoking.不管怎样,正如布莱恩指出的那样,戒烟是世界上最容易的事情。
- He himself has done it lots of times!他自己也做过很多次了!