A Perfect Alibi

新概念英语第2册 · 第 87 课 · 中英文对照课文

▶ 点读 / 听力练习
  1. Lesson 87第87课
  2. A Perfect Alibi绝好的不在场证明
  3. What was wrong with the man's story?这个男人的故事有什么问题吗?
  4. 'At the time the murder was committed, I was travelling on the 8 o'clock train to London,' said the man.“谋杀案发生的时候,我正在乘坐早上8点的火车前往伦敦,”那名男子说道。
  5. 'Do you always catch such an early train?' asked the inspector.“你总是这么早赶火车吗?”检查员问道。
  6. 'Of course I do,' answered the man.“当然了,”那个男人回答道。
  7. 'I must be at work at 10 o'clock.我必须在10点钟去上班。
  8. My employer will confirm that I was there on time.'我的雇主会证实我确实准时到达了。
  9. 'Would a later train get you to work on time?' asked the inspector.“晚一点的火车能让你准时到达工作地点吗?”检查员问道。
  10. 'I suppose it would, but I never catch a later train.'“我想应该是这样的,但我从来都赶不上晚点的火车。”
  11. 'At what time did you arrive at the station?'你什么时候到达车站的?
  12. 'At ten to eight. I bought a paper and waited for the train.'八点十分的时候,我买了一张报纸,然后等待火车的到来。
  13. 'And you didn't notice anything unusual?'“那你没有注意到任何异常的情况吗?”
  14. 'Of course not.'“当然不会。”
  15. 'I suggest,' said the inspector,' that you are not telling the truth.“我认为,”检查员说,“你并没有说实话。”
  16. I suggest that you did not catch the 8 o'clock train, but that you caught the 8.25 which would still get you to work on time.我认为你可能没有赶上8点的火车。不过你赶上了8点25分的班车,这样仍然可以准时到达工作地点。
  17. You see, on the morning of the murder, the 8 o'clock train did not run at all.你知道吗,在谋杀案发生的那个早晨,8点的火车根本就没有运行。
  18. It broke down at Ferngreen station and was taken off the line.'它在费恩格林车站发生了故障,随后被从铁路上撤下(即不再允许列车在该站停靠或通过)。