Asking for Trouble

新概念英语第2册 · 第 92 课 · 中英文对照课文

▶ 点读 / 听力练习
  1. Lesson 92第92课
  2. Asking for Trouble自找麻烦
  3. Why did the policeman ask the writer to come to the police station?为什么警察让那位作家去警察局呢?
  4. It must have been about two in the morning when I returned home.我回到家时,大概已经是凌晨两点左右了。
  5. I tried to wake up my wife by ringing the doorbell, but she was fast asleep, so I got a ladder from the shed in the garden, put it against the wall, and began climbing towards the bedroom window.我试着按门铃叫醒我的妻子,但她睡得很熟,于是我从花园里的棚屋里拿了一把梯子,把它靠在墙上,然后开始往卧室的窗户爬去。
  6. I was almost there when a sarcastic voice below said.我刚快爬到窗户时,下面传来一个讽刺的声音说:
  7. 'I don't think the windows need cleaning at this time of the night.'‘我看这大半夜的,窗户不需要擦吧。’
  8. I looked down and nearly fell off the ladder when I saw a policeman.我低头一看,看到一名警察时,差点从梯子上摔下来。
  9. I immediately regretted answering in the way I did, but I said, 'I enjoy cleaning windows at night.'我立刻后悔自己那样回答,但还是说:‘我就是喜欢在晚上擦窗户。’
  10. 'So do I,' answered the policeman in the same tone.‘是啊,’警察用同样讽刺的语气回答。
  11. Excuse my interrupting you.请原谅我打扰你。
  12. I hate to interrupt a man when he's busy working, but would you mind coming with me to the station?'“我真不想在别人忙的时候打扰他,不过您能跟我去一趟警察局吗?”
  13. 'Well, I'd prefer to stay here,' I said.“嗯,我宁愿待在这里,”我说。
  14. 'You see, I've forgotten my key.'“是这样的,我忘带钥匙了。”
  15. 'Your what?' he called.“你说什么?”他大声问。
  16. 'My key,' I shouted.“我的钥匙!”我喊道。
  17. Fortunately, the shouting woke up my wife who opened the window just as the policeman had started to climb towards me.幸运的是,我的喊声吵醒了妻子。就在警察开始朝我爬来时,她打开了窗户。